On June 1 – 10, 2019 The Ark and The Dove and Franciscan University of Steubenville are teaming up to bring you this opportunity of a lifetime. Join us as we pilgrimage to Italy. We start by heading to Assisi where you will have the opportunity to visit the ground that St. Francis and St. Clare followed our Lord’s call to rebuild His church. You will be able to venerate many relics as well as the tomb of St. Francis. After Assisi we will stop in the charming city of Siena. The trip will culminate in beautiful Vatican City with a Papal audience and to celebrate Pentecost at Mass with our Holy Father in St. Peter’s Square. This pilgrimage package will be an unforgettable way to celebrate Pentecost.
Travel Package Inclusions:
- Round-trip economy class airfare via Alitalia Airlines from New York.
- U.S. departure tax; Customs user fee; security tax and all airport taxes.
- Meeting and assistance upon departure from New York JFK International Airport.
- Deluxe motor coach transportation upon arrival and available for the entire tour.
- Eight (8) nights’ accommodations in twin rooms at first class hotels throughout.
- Buffet breakfast daily plus five (5) dinners, including a festive farewell dinner in Rome.
- Full-time tour manager throughout the entire tour, including arrival and departure transfers.
- Sightseeing with licensed, professional, English-speaking guides as outlined in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to all sights as noted in the itinerary.
- Porterage of one piece of luggage, per person, at hotels.
- Coordination of all liturgies as noted in the itinerary.
- Travel documents, travel wallet, luggage tags, name badge and drawstring bag.
Brothers and Sisters,
I am thrilled to lead this pilgrimage to Italy, to walk with you in the spirit of St. Francis and allow grace to work in our hearts and deepen our desire to grow in holiness.
Our pilgrimage begins in Assisi, where we’ll venerate St. Francis and St. Clare in the basilicas and shrines dedicated to their lives. our day trip to Siena and tour of its beautiful Duomo, the medieval Cathedral of Siena, will transport us back to the 13th century of St. Catherine of Siena.
Our next stop will take us even further back in history, as we visit Rome, the “Eternal City.” We will visit Rome’s four major basilicas and many historical sites. There will also be preaching, times of anointed praise, and plenty of time for fellowship and gelato! our time in Rome will culminate in a celebration with our Holy Father at St. Peter’s Square on the Solemnity of Pentecost. What an amazing and holy celebration this will be.
I can’t think of a better occasion than a pilgrimage to prompt interior change and deepen conversion. Please prayerfully consider joining Franciscan University of Steubenville, The Ark and the Dove, and the National Service Committee of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal on this holy pilgrimage, which I pray will bless you and bring you abundant grace.Father Dominic Foster, T.O.R.